The Parish office is open Monday-Thursday from 10:00am-4:00pm (or by appointment - call 228-9800 or 228-2962).
We, the Parish of Saint Raphael, are the People of God called to further the mission of Jesus Christ.
We see as our purpose the bringing of active members of our parish,
as well as inactive Catholics and the unchurched, into a deeper union with God.
We do this by living the Gospel, in word and action, centered around the celebration of the Eucharist.
We believe that today, more than any other time, we are called to form a community based on
interdependence as the one Body of Christ.
We do this by deepening our knowledge and understanding of the treasure of our Catholic faith,
and by giving to our church family with our time, talend and treasure.
Approved by the St. Raphael Parish Council 10/26/2010
Breaking Open the Word [Psalm 18]
I love you Lord, my strength
30th Sunday Ordinary Time, Year A
Psalm 18 is called a royal song. The king praises God for deliverance from enemies. God’s help and concern for his servant is celebrated in this psalm. In 2Samuel 22 King David sings a thanksgiving song similar to psalm 18. Psalm is also known as thanksgiving to Messiah who would deliver the people from oppressive forces. Psalm 18 is a prayer of hope when going through tough times in life. God comes to the aid of one who calls upon him.
The women of our community have a great gift this Advent with “the Journey” Retreat based on the life of our Blessed Mother.
Mark your calendar and register as soon as possible for December 5-6, with registration beginning at 6pm on Friday and ending with the Holy Mass on Saturday evening.
You can be assured that sleeping arrangements will be comfy, food will be delicious, social time and devotions will be very special.
If you’ve never done a retreat before, this is a great one to attend. The cost is only $30 and spots are limited, so please clear your calendar and register today--call 228-9800 or click here to register.
All persons who share a love of music and wish to worship the Lord in song are invited to choir practices on Tuesdays at 6:30pm.
If you can't come every Tuesday, that's okay. Please join us when you can to make a joyful noise unto the Lord!
It is our prayer that St. Raphael Parish is a community that characterizes the following vision:
1. Where all members as disciples of Christ are encouraged to have a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through a focus on Sacred Scriptures and the Sacraments, especially the Sunday Eucharist.
2. Where Liturgy is celebrated with the full, conscious and active participation of the members.
3. Where sacraments are readily available and all Catholics are able to receive them throughout all stages of life.
4. Where the sanctity of human life is supported from conception to natural death.
5. Where all people feel welcomed and experience hospitality and spirituality.
6. Where the many gifts of the faithful are discovered, affirmed and developed to build a vibrant catholic community.
7. Where everyone is responsive to persons who are in need, vulnerable or marginalized.
8. Where religious education and faith formation are provided for all ages.
9. Where stewardship is a way of life and where all parish ministries are fully staffed and funded, and our building and facilities are regularly maintained.
10.Where evangelization is understood as a responsibility of all, efforts to invite people into the Church are fruitful, and the Rite of Christian Initiation is fully celebrated.
11.Where members actively encourage vocations to religious life and the priesthood.
12.Where the ministries of our Bishop are supported and funded.
13.Where we acknowledge and embrace the history of our parish and the sacrifices previously made and use that history of sacrifice as a model for our future.
This vision will be a guide for all planning and pastoral work that is done in each of our four faith communities.